Whether you are a multi-national enterprise, small business or individual, legal disputes are stressful, costly and distracting. Nevertheless, when important legal rights are on the line, you want experienced advocates on your side who will fight hard on your behalf and help you achieve the best possible resolution. We are those advocates.
We are litigators and trial attorneys because we love to compete and win, but also because we enjoy helping our clients through difficult times. We enjoy being involved with our clients’ businesses, solving problems, and searching for truth. We take pride in advocating for justice and earning the trust and respect of our clients and adversaries. We are good listeners and respect the differing objectives and perspectives each client brings to a dispute. We work to understand the practical considerations of each case and, with the help of our client, develop strategies accordingly. We fight to the end when that is necessary, but know that sometimes alternative methods of resolution are more appropriate.
Our attorneys regularly practice in all state and federal trial and appellate courts in Oregon, Washington and, occasionally, other states. We are staffed to efficiently and effectively handle claims of all sizes. We take pride in our ability to handle large, complex and high-stakes matters, and our reputation for success in those types of cases.
Our practice is limited to the prosecution and defense of civil disputes, which often include the following elements:
- Commercial contracts
- Business, including corporation and partnership, buy/sell and control, and officer and director negligence and trade secrets
- Real property, including condemnation, boundary, timber trespass, and transactions
- Unfair trade practices
- Complex collection and lender liability
- Product warranty
- Trust, probate, guardianship, and conservatorship
- Employment, including wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, benefit, non-competition, confidentiality, and non-solicitation
Attorneys in the Litigation Practice Group: