Our labor and employment attorneys understand that the increasingly complex web of laws and regulations governing the workplace can be overwhelming to employers, both large and small. Our Labor and Employment Practice Group specializes in helping our clients understand and comply with those laws, providing strategic advice to employers on day-to-day workplace issues, giving them the tools to help minimize their employment-related risks, and defending companies and management before administrative agencies, arbitrators and state and federal courts.
We recognize that no two businesses are alike, and that a company’s workplace culture and business objectives are critical factors to consider when identifying solutions to any employment issue. As a result, we develop close, collaborative partnerships with our clients to ensure that the advice we provide is tailor-made to their unique circumstances. And we make ourselves readily available to our clients, because we know that workplace issues can arise any time, and often require immediate attention.
Whether you are a small business owner or part of a large multi-national corporation, our employment attorneys will work with you to maximize the potential of your workforce and minimize employment-related risks.
Our services include:
- Drafting and auditing personnel policies, human resource procedures and benefit programs
- Drafting employment contracts, including non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, trade secret and severance agreements
- Developing, implementing and auditing reduction-in-force and other cost-cutting initiatives
- Providing day-to-day strategic advice to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws governing the workplace
- Conducting training seminars on a variety of labor, employment and human resources topics, including equal employment opportunity, documentation, investigations, discipline and terminations
- Representing employers in labor and employment-related litigation in state and federal courts, and before administrative agencies and arbitration tribunals
- Developing affirmative action plans for federal contractors, and counseling employers during federal and state employment audits and investigations
- Designing and implementing employee incentive compensation arrangements
- Representing employers in union-related activities, including organizing campaigns, contract negotiations and grievances
- Advising employers on the impact of health care reform under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and assisting them in related planning and compliance matters
Attorneys in the Labor and Employment Practice Group: