Hershner Hunter has been providing the critical guidance to help families safeguard their wealth and wishes for more than 65 years.
We help you develop and implement the plans necessary to:
- Provide for financial security during your lifetime
- Preserve the value of your hard work through appropriate tax planning
- Facilitate your wishes and goals for business succession
- Protect against the cost, time, and discomfort of probate
- Minimize family confusion and conflict around estates
- Frame your valued legacy
The Estate and Business Planning Group provides individuals, families and businesses with appropriate estate and business planning services, promptly and at reasonable cost. In concert with you and your other close advisors, we work to understand your personal, financial and business goals and help develop a coordinated plan to achieve those goals.
We advise family-owned businesses to help achieve their long term goals, including organizing ownership to operate efficiently, save unnecessary taxes, meet the financial needs of the owners and smoothly transition to the next generation.
An important part of our practice is helping with trust administration and probate. We work with trustees and personal representatives with a view toward efficient, prompt and trouble-free administration. We are staffed to work with trusts and estates of all sizes and complexity. If difficulties do arise, we can handle negotiation or litigation to resolve disputes for any parties involved in trust or estate administration.
Our plans range from the basic to the innovative and sophisticated, often including income, gift and estate tax savings techniques as well as other asset protection measures. Examples of our services include:
- Wills and living trusts
- Powers of attorney, heath care directives and related documents
- Planning for IRA and retirement assets
- Probate and trust administration
- Trust and estate litigation
- Premarital, cohabitation and other property agreements
- Family limited liability companies
- Charitable gifts using trusts and other methods
- Child and grandchild education plans
- Special purpose trusts, including life insurance trusts, generation-skipping trusts, GRAT’s, QPRT’s, etc.
- Community property joint trusts
- Business succession planning
Whatever you value, we have the experience and expertise to help you maintain and grow it for this and future generations. Enjoy the present without worry for the future. Focus on the truly important things in life. And leave the legal issues to us.
Attorneys in the Estate and Business Planning Practice Group: