When our clients pursue a business transaction, they value the help of our experienced business attorneys in making the deal happen. From start to finish, we offer sound and practical advice to support and guide our clients through the transaction. Clients appreciate our experience and creativity in anticipating and overcoming challenges, and keeping things moving to completion, and our responsiveness and timely service will give you confidence that the deal will close on the best possible terms.
We work with you and your other advisors to understand your situation and goals, and bring to bear our experience during the structuring, negotiating and closing of the transaction. Throughout, we help in evaluating and controlling risks, while always keeping an eye on the bottom line: an efficient, economical and prompt conclusion to the deal. And when it is appropriate to do so, we draw on the firm’s expertise in the specialty areas of tax, estate planning, healthcare, land use, environmental and employment law to help achieve your goals.
We regularly handle the following types of transactions:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of business entities and business assets, including mergers and other tax free reorganizations
- Real estate acquisitions, sales and leases, including tax-deferred exchanges
- Debt and equity financing from financial institutions and venture capital sources
- Joint ventures, collaborations and partnership arrangements
- Secured transactions involving all types of collateral, including real estate, personal property and intangible assets
- Personal property acquisitions, sales and leases, including distributorship agreements and product warranties
- Technology and media-related transactions and agreements, including internet, mobile application and content licensing, development and marketing; online advertising; traditional and digital publishing; privacy policies, terms of service and end user licenses for mobile and web; development and distribution of computer software and hardware; web hosting; software as a service (SaaS) and cloud computing; software maintenance agreements; IT outsourcing agreements; e-commerce; brand licensing and merchandising agreements; product development, distribution and sale agreements
- Acquisition, sale and licensing of intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks and patents
- Trademark registrations and renewals
Attorneys in the Business and Real Estate Transactions Practice Group: